Regular price $88.88
Unit price  per 

Invocation of Giles Cory

Of all the accused at the Salem witch trials, the most courageous was 80 year old Giles Cory. He was slowly pressed to death over a period of two days; they continuously piled heavy weights on his body over the two days until he was killed.

By English law, an accused had to place himself "on God and the country," that is, plead Guilty or Not Guilty. For "standing mute," the penalty was peine forte et dure - slow crushing with heavier and heavier iron weights until the naked victim agreed to plead guilty, or died.

Giles was an extraordinary spellcaster and after being accused of witchery he was brought forth to give a plea. As a result of his refusal to plead, on September 17, 1692 Sheriff George Corwin led Corey to a pit in the open field beside the jail and in accordance with the above process, before the Court and witnesses, stripped Giles of his clothing, laid him on the ground in the pit, and placed boards on his chest. Six men then lifted heavy stones, placing them one by one, on his stomach and chest. Giles Corey did not cry out, let alone make a plea.

After two days, Giles was asked three times to plead innocent or guilty to witchcraft. Each time he replied, "More weight." More and more rocks were piled on him, and the Sheriff from time to time would stand on the boulders staring down at Corey's bulging eyes. Robert Calef, who was a witness along with other townsfolk, later said, "In the pressing, Giles Corey's tongue was pressed out of his mouth; the Sheriff, with his cane, forced it in again."

Three mouthfuls of bread and water were fed to the old man during his many hours of pain. Finally, Giles Corey cried out "More weight!" and died.

Samuel Sewall's diary states, under date of Monday, September 19, 1692:

About noon at Salem, Giles Cory was pressed to death for standing mute; much pains was used with him two days, one after another, by the court and Captain Gardner of Nantucket who had been of his acquaintance, but all in vain.

It is unusual for persons to refuse to plead, and extremely rare to find reports of persons who have been able to endure this painful form of death in silence. Since Corey refused to plead, he died in full possession of his estate, which would otherwise have been forfeited to the government. It passed on to his two sons-in-law, in accordance to his will.

In his will his son-in-laws became the inheritors of his amazing collection of stones, crystals and metal pieces. He also had a library of books that held spells in code within them; this way most people would be unaware of his trade.

The pieces have been willed down for decades and a few years ago the pieces were placed for sale on an internet occult auction. The pieces were displayed at an auction house for inspection prior to the sale.

Deedee went to the auction house and was able to verify the products. Deedee was able to get a parcel of the crystals and stones --- she placed them in a charging box and infused the powers to the surface. The pieces have been placed into settings to make them wearable for the charge of powers to enrich your body.

These pieces are master items of history that will invoke powers of extreme ancient witchery. Testers have found that these pieces are charged with abilities of: entropy projection, atmokinesis, cryokinesis, electricity generation, probability manipulation, omniligualism, astral trapping and cloaking.

If you have a desire to experience enduring witch craft, then you need one of Giles Cory's phenomenal items!

I ended up using the natural stone for carved crosses as it will lay him to rest and the power still remains.